Łyżbice (NS. Lyzbice) - a former village in the Olza valley, from 1946 r. district of Třinec (Trinec VI). They were probably built in the 13th century. Former noble village, and its owners changed several times until 1773 r., when Łyżbice became part of the estate of Komora Cieszyńska.
In years 1794-1802 a fragment of the so-called. imperial road, leading from Cieszyn through Niebory and Łyżbice to Jabłonków. At that time, a bridge was built over the Olza "Na Zobawie" ("Zobawa" - the name of the ford by Olza, known to this day). Through the past 60 the toll was collected here for years, which were later transferred to Vendrynia.
Łyżbice was always a small village: according to urbariusz z 1770 r. counted 511 residents in 70 houses, however still in 1871 r., when the local section of the Bogumin-Košice railway was opened, had a larger population than the neighboring Třinec. For a long time they were also a purely Polish village: in year 1910 was here 1250 residents in 136 houses, of what only 6 Germans and 3 Czechs - the rest were Poles. At that time, the population was mostly Evangelical. But the church was never built here: Catholics belonged to the old parish of Wędryń, and the Evangelicals to the Bystrzyckie church.
Łyżbice developed and changed along with the steelworks in Třinec. Before 1914 r. the process of absorbing the village by the neighboring Trzyniec began. After World War II, in the fields of Łyżbice, a new center of this city was created along with residential districts, initially built along the Jabłonkowska road, and then a little higher - "Na Terasie". Currently, Łyżbice lives in the area of Trzyniec 20 thousand. population, of which 14 thousand. Czechs, 3,3 thousand. Poles and 1,2 thousand. Slovaks.